Re: Oops report 2.2.12 w/ikd patch

Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:16:57 -0700

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:47:12 -0500,
"Nicholas R LeRoy" <nick.leroy@norland.com> wrote:
>Also, what am I doing wrong that causes ksymoops to generate its
>warnings? I can't get it not to.
>
>You did not tell me where to find symbol information. I will assume
>that the log matches the kernel and modules that are running right now
>and I'll use the default options above for symbol resolution.
>If the current kernel and/or modules do not match the log, you can get
>more accurate output by telling me the kernel version and where to find
>map, modules, ksyms etc. ksymoops -h explains the options.
>
>1 warning issued. Results may not be reliable.

ksymoops is just warning you that it processed the log using default
values for the input files. With all the different distributions out
there plus each user's own tweaks plus the assumption that the machine
has not been rebooted since the oops, a warning is in order. Basically
it says "are you sure that the default input files are valid for this
oops, on this machine, right now?".

You can suppress that warning by supplying any of -v, -V, -k, -K, -l,
-L, -m, -M. Any of those options tells ksymoops "I know what I am
doing".