Re: strange mounting problem

Andreas Tobler (toa@pop.agri.ch)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:50:08 +0200

Alan Cox wrote:

> > > 1. Using a scsi eject tool that uses scsi generic
> > Are there different eject tools available? I use eject-2.0.2-3
>
> Does that use scsi generic ? If it does then it needs to tell the kernel
> it caused a media change

It's the 'eject' from Jeff Tranter. tranter@pobox.com
A short browse through the code I saw he's using generic (sg.h). He
distingushes between cdrom eject and scsi eject, as far as I can
understand. If there is a message sent to the kernel?? I have to look in.

> > In my case the drive change isn't noticed by the kernel. No message like
> > 'VFS: Disk change detected'
>
> That is suspicious.

I made a test with the newer sony MO, the only message on the console
was: 'Device not ready', the HP-MO instead says nothing.

Thanks
Andreas