Re: 1000ms delay in networking stack or driver, new bug?

Gergely Madarasz (gorgo@sztaki.hu)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 00:11:52 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Henner Eisen wrote:

> kuznet> Hello!
>
> >> It is very odd in that it isnt card dependant. It seems to be
> >> more like a qdisc problem somehow affected by interfaces going
> >> up and down and up again
>
> kuznet> 1 sec is ping interval. Please, make "ping -i 3" to check
> kuznet> this. If the time will be 3 sec, the guess is correct.
>
> kuznet> And make tcpdump both on wire (on ethernet it should be
> kuznet> third host) and on this host.
>
> kuznet> Alexey
>
> As such problem have been observed with isdn_ppp for quite I while
> (and number of observations is increasing quickly as lots of isdn
> users are currently switching to 2.2.x) we have already several
> detailed reports. To summarize the characteristic observations:

Hmm... I got the same errors (with the same symptoms) with our custom
synchronous serial boards. I thought it was our drivers fault, but I could
not track it down... perhaps all these are related ?

Greg