Re: 1000ms delay in networking stack or driver, new bug?

Christopher Fisk (chrisf@mhonline.net)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 11:55:03 -0400 (EDT)

The same thing was happening to one of the computers I had setup as a
firewall... aproxamately every 24 hours I would have to restrt the
networking or ping times as described would occur. And ssh worked fine
between the computer and anywhere else.

I swaped out the network card and all was fine...

Linux version 2.2.12 (root@oliver) (gcc version egcs-2.91.66
19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)) #2 Thu Sep 16 13:11:41 EDT 1999

This has also happened once with my home machine.

The only thing in common between the machines was that they were both
setup for IP forwarding and both were on dhcp networks.

The one that occured daily had a 3com ISA nic in it (not sure which but I
can find out) and a eepro100 as secondary nic.

My home machine has a 3c595

Chris