Re: New Idea? Capture video settings details in Win98/etc. for

Leslie F. Donaldson (kernel@mail.intercomp-sys.com)
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:06:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm, I'm affraid it's bad idea..

Most of the hardware that windows 98 can find in your PC and SUPPORTED in
Linux can be found quite easily. Try the latest distributions (Redhat
Loxar, Caldera OpenLinux 2.3, SuSE 6.2 etc)

Also, Windows like to mess with IRQ's, DMA's and stuff that you'll no
neccsary agree to the same settings on Linux...

Just my opinion.

Hetz