Re: 2.2.12 failed compile on RH6

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:29:45 +0100

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 02:44:18PM -0400, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> You haven't set the memory limits under "Processor type and features."
>
> I sent Alan a 2-line patch to page_offset.h for this a couple months
> ago, to add an #error cpp directive if no appropriate option had been
> set, but apparently it never got included.
[snip]

Other things may well break if you forget to make oldconfig after patching.
Why should this one get special treatment?

More interesting would be to force a re-config of some sort after a change
to the version number, or something similar.

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.