Re: Celeron doesn't reach proper BogoMIPS

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:13:27 +0200

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

On Fri, Aug 27, 1999 at 05:17:35PM +0000, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> > Aren't laptops notorious for significant performance decreasements when=
on
> > battery power?
> > Could that be the explanation?
>=20
> Yes, a fair number of them throttle the CPU significantly; smaller
> notebooks are often forced to do so for thermal reasons, too.

APM can make your CPU a fraction of the original one ...
Try to experiment with the settings in the BIOS.

--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> Wuppertal, FRG
PGP2 key: See mail header, key servers Linux kernel development
SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG SCSI drivers: tmscsim(DC390), DC395

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT--