Re: ISDN and the feature freeze (was: no driver change for 2.4?)

Daniel.Egger@t-online.de
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 21:07:09 +0200 (CEST)

On 5 Aug, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Common mistake: peer review does NOT mean that the code should be looked
> at by the same people who write it.

> Peer review is _meaningless_ under those circumstances. The whole point of
> getting peer review is to find _different_ people who have a different
> background to look at your code.

I'm aware of the basic techniques ISDN works with but never wrote a
single line of code for the drivers. As a programmer and user I can
say that Karsten does his job very well and the code is very
proffesional.
On the mentioned i4l mailinglists are not just coders, but users, too
who are forced to use the drivers regularly which means that there is a
very good review on the code...

Servus,
Daniel