Re: slocate never finishes in 2.2.10-ac8

Thierry Danis (danis@mail.dotcom.fr)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 00:51:23 +0200

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 06:30:07PM -0400, Peter Clark wrote:

> FWIW, I had this same problem with a VFAT directory mounted under
> 2.3.x kernels. I got around this by adding the VFAT tree to the
> slocate's 'dont search me' configuration.

OK, I had forgotten that I had a VFAT mounted partition on
that machine (not that I knew that it may have some problem).
I tried to umount it before running slocate.cron and it had
been OK.

So, something is definitively broken between 2.2.10-ac4 and
2.2.10-ac8 regarding the VFAT code.

Thanks,

A+,

--