Re: (reiserfs) RE: (reiserfs) File conglomerations

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
30 Jun 1999 23:56:31 -0700

In article <linux.kernel.14202.4141.841247.139786@reiser.ceic.com>,
Hans Reiser <reiser@ceic.com> wrote:

>None of the functionality of reiserfs should be specific to reiserfs....

Well, reiserfs is a good starting point for building a working
sample implementation.

>I completely reject your argument that I must stay in the center of the
>herd, and only implement functionality that others have done in other
>file systems. It is time for the herd to move, it can follow me if it
>wants to.

The problem with striking out by yourself is that if you strike
out far enough so that many things break, you won't get too many
people following you.

____
david parsons \bi/ The curse of a maturing technology.
\/