Re: Plan-9 is definitely _NOT_ a failure (Re: Ken Thompson interview in IEEE Computer magazine (fwd)

David Miller (dmiller@search.sparks.net)
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:37:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 May 1999 teamwork@freemail.c3.hu wrote:

> John Fulmer <jfulmer@appin.org> sez :
>

> "Of note: Ken Thomson has a marginal
> failure of his own in the closet:
> Plan 9. This may have influenced SOME
> of his thinking...."
>

> Whatever you want to think of Mr. Thompson, the man has more programming mileage
> than most people here, and Plan-9 is definitely _NOT_ a failure.

Isn't plan9 what the AT&T ES switches run for an OS? I'd certainly not
consider it a failure under those circumstances.

And to call plan9 a failure because it hasn't achieved a widely accepted
position in the computer comunity is simply ignorant:(

--- David Miller