Re: Mindcraft III

David Lang (dlang@diginsite.com)
Wed, 5 May 1999 09:28:24 -0700 (PDT)

however there is a third test as well that allows unrestricted updates.

to summerize there can be three tests.

1. "mindcraft config" the config they receieved from their requests for
help after the first test.

2. "tuned config" config tuned by experts, but only using patches from
what they would consider an "official" site (I can't blame them for this,
for newcomers to linux it is sometimes very hard to find info, this is
almost a reasonable limit)

3. "optional config" unlimited tuning by experts (although limited to
patches available anywhere as of the start of the test, no writing new
code during the test)

I think it will be very interesting to see the difference between the
three configs.

David Lang