Re: Performance Comparision

Otto Solares (solca@fisicc-ufm.edu)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:47:42 -0600

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I think you miss the point, HINT has nothing to do with compiler headers, linkers,
>
> I think you'd do better if you read the messages I wrote

i know who you are, if that is your point, and i know your knowledgment is good
but you are only speaking, what i expect is that you look the code, look hint and
tell me something, well if your time permits you.

> > wrong, we are talking about the same hardware, the only diference is the kernel.
>
> Very wrong. How much of hint is executing in libc.

Well, i think you are right, HINT is linked to libc and libm,
and HINT uses math extensively, can be this?
If it load the library once ok, this is not the problem

> The stuff I was pointing out was the compile times being irrelevant not
> HINT. I've no idea how valid HINT is - I would assume it has some reasonable
> value

Better check the page, well Alan, you are "The Kid", please fix it or do
something :)