Re: Linux 2.2.5 crash via /dev/port

Massoud Asgharifard (masu_a@yahoo.com)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:32:03 -0700 (PDT)

This happens because 'cat /dev/ports' reads one byte from all available
ports (i.e. 0 - 65535) which means conflicting with kernel and
disabling keyboard, network interface and other devices.
I suppose this device is used to give LIMITED access to device drivers
residing in user-space, which need to read data from/write data to
specific ports.

regards,

Massoud "masu" Asgharifard.