Re: Linux 2.2.2ac5

CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:32:35 +1100 (EST)

Nick Urbanik wrote the following:

> Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > This one is designed to test a few things rather than move the world on
> > a great bound. If you just need the 3c509 fix its in the patch at the
> > bottom of this to save you the hassle of getting ac5 ;)
>
> Sorry to be so ignorant: What can I apply 2.2.2ac5 to? I have 2.2.2ac1; will it apply
> to that? How about future patches: what will they work with?
>
> Please reply to my own address if this is too much of an FAQ for the list.

ac patches, like pre patches apply to the base release. as such you apply
ac5 to 2.2.2.

--
CaT (cat@zip.net.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

An electricity provider of New Hampshire, US has advised it's customers that in the event of a power failure they can log on to its website for more information... - Paraphrased from the New Scientist, Feb 6, 1999