Re: revision control for the kernel (BitKeeper)

Kurt Garloff (K.Garloff@ping.de)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:58:44 +0100

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 12:24:00AM -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
> Point taken, but several people have pointed out that their resources are
> limited. I'm very proud of how well Linux has done in very few resources
> and I'd hate to be the cause of people saying "we don't support you anymo=
re,
> you are too slow/small/whatever". =20

It would be nice, if it was possible to not have the full kernel with it's
history in the archive/repository, but only the versions since a certain
date/revision, say 2.0.0 or 2.2.0 e.g.
Does bitmover support something like this?

--=20
Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de> [Dortmund, FRG]
Plasma physics, high perf. computing [Linux-ix86,-axp, DUX]
PGP key: see mailheader [Linux SCSI driver: DC390]

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S

--z4+8/lEcDcG5Ke9S--