Re: Loopback block device encyrption....

CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:29:27 +1100 (EST)

Daniel Zahn wrote the following:

> List,
>
> I am not subscribed so please CC or address any responses to me
> directly. Thanks.
>
> I was succesfully using the des patch found at
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/Linux/BETA/loop/des.1.tar.gz to get encrypted
> file systems using the loopback block device with 2.0.X kernels.(This
> patch isn't as direct an installation as it says) I never got around to
> trying it with 2.1.X kernels.
>
> I recently acquired 2.2.X kernels and noticed that the loopback block
> device has gone through a few revisions. The above des patch obviously
> won't work. It looks like the thing now supports many more types of
> encryption. The problem is there is nothing indicating where to find the
> files to use those types of encryption. They don't seem to come with the
> kernel. Could someone point me in the right direction?

try ftp.kerneli.org (ftp://ftp.kerneli.org/pub/kerneli/v2.2 specifically)

They've got a patch that'll get you a fair few encryption loopback
schemes going. I'm using it now (for the hell of it ;) and my box
isn't crashing.

--
CaT (cat@zip.net.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

There was farting in the air that night, It lit so bright, Fernando...