Re: 3c509

Matthias Welwarsky (matze@stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 17:52:12 +0100

urbani wrote:

> KSYMOOPS.LOG Name: KSYMOOPS.LOG
> Type: Plain Text (text/plain)

Excerpt from KSYMOOPS.LOG:

>You did not tell me where to find symbol information. I will assume
>that the log matches the kernel and modules that are running right now
>and I'll use the default options above for symbol resolution.
>If the current kernel and/or modules do not match the log, you can get
>more accurate output by telling me the kernel version and where to find
>map, modules, ksyms etc. ksymoops -h explains the options.

>EIP: c206028e <END_OF_CODE+3462e/????>

You managed to confuse ksymoops quite a bit. Seems that it wasnt able to
read the modules symbol information - of course not, the module wasn't
properly loaded at that time, it crashed insmod while loading. Maybe
produce a symbol map for the module, by using insmod -m ? This together
with the call trace from the actual oops might help..

Gruss,
Matthias