Re: Linux 2.2.1ac4

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
04 Feb 1999 16:02:11 +0100

"Steven N. Hirsch" <shirsch@adelphia.net> writes:

> Yes, it does go rather fast. Unfortunately, where it leads me is into
> oblivion. Running 'iozone 64 8192' on a dual-PPro SMP client (2.2.1-ac3)
> against a knfsd server locks up solid after a few seconds. No log
> messages, no fanfare.

If you have time, I'd like to work with you on this.

I had reports from Thierry Danis that seemed to imply that the
nfs_write_errors list might be getting corrupted at times. He said
that he was seeing return values of '1' rather than 8192 when he
'strace'd iozone. Furthermore, the kernel NFS debugging seemed to
imply that 'nfs_updatepage' was not being called when this happened
(although nfs_file_write' was). Are you seeing the same thing?

Cheers,
Trond