Re: Anti-Linux SMP FUD

InfraRED/Veres Tibor (infrared@aurora-borealis.satimex.tvnet.hu)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:57:37 +0100 (CET)

On 01-Feb-99 Pat St. Jean wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Herbert Wengatz 42850 wrote:
>>you forgot to mention that the "heros" from ZD-Net (well known
>>M$-Zombies)
>>tested NT 4.0 against a Linux Kernel 2.0.35/36 - not against the current
>>2.2.0.- And the test was on a UP system. - How boring! They should
>>test it with an NT-SMP-Box against Linux 2.2.0 - SMP.
>
> I just had to pipe up on this one... I'm not sure what the timeline on
> that was, but remember that with a traditional magazine you're looking
> at
> a good month and a half to two month delay in getting articles to print.
> It simply could have been that 2.2.0 wasn't out yet...

And they tested only commertion distributions, havent tweaked anything (I
think this is fair, as long as they don't tweak Nt either... BTW, I'd like
to see Debian too in that comparision..)
Maybe will see SMP benchmarks too in 2,3 month..

--
InfraRED of aurora-borealis/Veres Tibor
E-Mail: infrared@aurora-borealis.satimex.tvnet.hu