Re: Telnet on Linux machine.

Paul Duncan (p_duncan@efn.org)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:27:07 -0800 (PST)

habve you tried putting an 'export TERM=vt100' in your respective .login
or
.bashrc file?

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Alfredo Babusci wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem with telnet session on Linux machines. When I make a
> remote telnet login, I found with 'set' program that my terminal is
> type 'ansi'. I would like to change the terminal type in a permanent way, non
> also for the current login with 'set term=vt100'. Someone know in wich
> file is stored the 'term' variable ?
> Thanks and Greetings from Elba Island, Italy. Alfredo.
>
> /----------------------------------------------------\
> | Alfredo Babusci |
> | Polo Nazionale di Bioelettronica Parco |
> | Scientifico e Tecnologico dell'Elba (PNB PST-Elba) |
> | Marciana Alta (isola d'Elba) |
> | Tel. 0565/901280 interno 24 |
> | Fax 0565/901283 |
>

> -

/*
Paul Duncan p_duncan@efn.org Indifference will be the downfall
http://www.efn.org/~p_duncan of humanity, but who cares? - fortune

pabs on EFNet IRC Check out the PabloTron 2000 at
visit me on #e and #shutup http://adsl90.eugn.uswest.net
*/