Re: Announce (and questions): Linux 2.2 VGA 640x480x16 framebuffer driver

Nimrod Zimerman (zimerman@deskmail.com)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 01:46:37 +0200

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 12:29:23AM -0500, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> To use it, patch a 2.2.0 kernel pre-patch with vga16.patch, then
> select `VGA 16-color graphics console' and `VGA 16-color planar
.

Patched 2.2.0 (the real one). Problems. First, it appears as if you
neglected to include the diff against the Makefile (unless there is some
magic I'm missing). Once I got that done (I thought), I was seeing:

fbcon-vga.c:201: parse error before `EXPORT_SYMTAB_not_defined'
fbcon-vga.c:201: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

When compiling the file (which I added to the Makefile). There is probably
some trickery involved here, and it is too late for me to investigate now.

Anyway, it doesn't compile.

Any ideas?

Nimrod