Re: 2.2.0-pre2 seems faster than 2.1.132, but SCSI problem?

Kurt Garloff (K.Garloff@ping.de)
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 01:56:23 +0100

On Sat, Jan 02, 1999 at 06:35:16PM +0100, Gerard Roudier wrote:
> I am interested in the INQUIRY response sent by devices that fail with the
> ncr53c8xx driver. If you want to use scsiinfo for getting such data from a
> scanner, this will not work due to the sg driver only accepting O_RDWR
> open(). Hacking the sg_open() routine in sg.c so that it will also accept
> O_RDONLY open() works around this problem.

Isn't that a kernel bug that should be fixed?

--
Kurt Garloff <kurt@garloff.de>                           [Dortmund, FRG]
Plasma physics, high perf. computing              [Linux-ix86,-axp, DUX]