Re: Linux & SyJet ???

Michael Meissner (meissner@cygnus.com)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 08:11:36 -0500

On Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 11:18:25PM -0500, kutek@cybercomm.net wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 27, 1998 at 03:03:25PM +0000, Riley Williams wrote:
> > Hi there.
> >
> > Does anybody know whether SyQuest's SyJet 1.5G Parallel Port Removable
> > Hard Drive works with Linux, and if so, what options I would need to
> > use with it?
>

> only one required: --revive-dead-corporation.
>
> syquest is gone, RIP. www.syquestsupport.com for gory details.

What does the current viability of the manufacturer have to do with Linux
support? Hell, MCA support was added in this last year long after the PS/2 was
withdrawn from the market. Granted as the supplies of removable cartridges
dwindle down, then fewer and fewer people will use it.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions (Massachusetts office)
4th floor, 955 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA