Re: freebsd's dummynet or selectable traffic shaping

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 19:30:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Andi Kleen wrote:

> Another alternative is the queueing framework in 2.1, which has modules
> for traffic shaping, classifying packets etc. (see linux/net/sched/*.c)

Hi Andy!

Sorry to trouble you. The new traffic queuing stuff in 2.1 is probably the
most "myserious" new feature to me. Is there anywhere with details of
functionality provided?

Can the new stuff do

a) Prioritize packets of my choice, e.g. place all port 23 traffic at the
head of the transmit queue?

b) Limit all traffic destined to e.g. 123.123.x.x to 100kbytes/sec?

Cheers
Chris