Re: Motherboard design specifically for Linux

jens@pinguin.conetix.de
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:53:49 +0200

On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 07:46:53AM -0500, Terry L Ridder wrote:

> I am interested in hearing what features people would
> want to have on a motherboard/mainboard designed from the
> ground up specifically for Linux.
> 1. OpenFirm Ware.
> 2. Geek port similar to the BeBox.
> 3. Common Hardware Reference Platform Compliant (CHRP)

The trouble with designing hardware in contrast to writing software is that
there are no compilers (i.e. chip production plants) available for free on
the internet.

Otherwise, I'd be glad to hear about such efforts. A Geek port or the
equivalent would be absolutely fantastic ... although USB is on the way <gg>

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________http://www.pinguin.conetix.de_
    cat /dev/boiler/water | tea | sieve > /cup