Re: [patch] jiffies wraparound [Re: 2.1.125 Show stopper list: Draft]

ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 01:57:28 +0200

On Tue, Oct 20, 1998 at 02:50:25PM -0500, Mitchell Blank Jr wrote:

> If you're going to do this *please* do PAGE_SIZE at the same time. It suffers
> from the same problem on architectures where that's variable (m68k being
> the only one I know of - 8K for sun3, 4K for other things) Right now you
> need two libc's to solve this problem.

I like that one as we on MIPS can set our hardware page size to 4kb, 16kb,
64kb, 256kb, 1mb, 4mb and 16mb. Though the larger ones for shure don't
make sense for userland 16kb and 64kb look like good candidates for large
memory machines.

Ralf