Re: Tiny patch: nice 20 as idle priority

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 00:38:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Max wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Rik van Riel wrote:
>
> >If there is demand for it, I'll create a scheduler
> >patch that includes both my stuff, Richard's RT
> >stuff and a complete SCHED_IDLE package (complete
> >with the nice +20 hack ;).
>
> I hope you noticed that the patch I sent has nothing to do with
> SCHED_IDLE. Well, actually it was intended as a *replacement* of
> the kernel scheduling policy SCHED_IDLE, as I had a look at it and
> didn't like it :(

Since it has exactly the same function as the SCHED_IDLE patch,
it qualifies as 'has something to do with', at least when it
comes to my book...

I like the nice +20 hack however, so I will probably create a
scheduler 'grand patch' later this week. You can also look
forward to an integration of both Andrea's and my patches to
handle OOM and improved documentation on Linux performance
tuning. I will publish the stuff on my website, but will
announce it here as well.

Rik.