Re: NFS error (Maybe off topic)

Robert M. Hyatt (hyatt@cis.uab.edu)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 11:36:48 -0500 (CDT)

I also think that this can happen normally... without there being any
kind of problem on either end, other than the client end holding on to
a handle for a long period of time, while on the server end the file,
the directory or whatever has been totally removed. I've seen this
several times on my notebook where I suspend and then resume later and
get a couple of such errors right off the bat...

"Stateless" doesn't mean "glitchless"... :)

Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hyatt@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham
(205) 934-2213 115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX Birmingham, AL 35294-1170