Re: Dynamic IP hack (PR#294)

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 12:55:44 +0200

On Sun, Oct 18, 1998 at 11:32:18AM +0200, David S. Miller wrote:

> Since this touches quite a bit of the masquerading code, I want it to
> be run past the IP_MASQ maintainer before I even think about putting
> this into the tree.

I have a better patch for the same problem in the works. Before you
consider this hack please wait for my patch (I actually didn't plan
to submit it because of code freeze, but before that hack gets in it is better
to have a clean solution)

The clean solution is to implement NETDEV_REBOOT for inetaddr_chain
and make TCP react to it by calling tcp_reset().

-Andi