Re: Kernel Config documentation

tytso@mit.edu
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:41:46 -0400

From: Mark Levitt <markl@citrix.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:19:02 -0400

I've noticed a few Config options on both the 2.0.x series and the 2.1.x
series kernels that have no documentation available that I'd like to fix.

Great!!

Alan has answered most of your questions, but I wanted to add one
additional note --- although Linux developers often get most of the
credit and "stardom", the work of the people who write documentation for
Linux --- the importance of the Linux Documentation Project, the man
pages, the HOWTO's, etc. are often under-rated. Having good
documentation will be key for the future success of Linux, and I for one
will gladly spend time with anyone willing to offer technical writing
expertise to help improve Linux's documentation, and I'd encourage other
developers to do the same.

Thanks!!

- Ted