Re: MDACON not screen blanking

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:39:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Martin Mares wrote:

>> I've got dual monitor (MDA + Cirrus 5446 PCI) running, and the
>> monitor blanks on the VGA, but not on the MDA. DOesn't matter
>> which display is the active foreground display either.
>>
>> Is this a bug, or do I need to enable something?
>
> Currently we blank only the active monitor, but I'm not sure a multi-monitor
>blanking patch (which is non-trivial) could be accepted by Linus before 2.3.

How is it non trivial? Couldn't the code just be hacked so that
when the monitor blanking code is executed, it checks for
multiple monitors, and then blanks them all? Any quick hack is
better than nothing IMHO. My mono monitor is going to burn in...

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net