Re: [OT] Re: Cosmetic Changes: ensuring decency of the Linux Kernel Source.

MOLNAR Ingo (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 01:41:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Helge Hafting wrote:

> >Jauder Ho wrote:
> >>
> >> well actually if you look there is a print statement that says "Tell DaveM
> >> that he fucked up" so there is at least one print statement that I can
> >> see.
>
> The correct action here would be to fix whatever it is DaveM has fucked
> up. Then remove the no longer needed printk().

if you actually read the source, it is very likely that say EGCS optimizes
that panic away completely, because it's impossible to reach it.

-- mingo