Re: [OFFTOPIC] Narrow-minded American attitudes

Jon M. Taylor (taylorj@ecs.csus.edu)
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:49:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, David Luyer wrote:

> > > into it - the belief of Americans that their constitution is the
> > > law of the world
> >
> > Errm, no. The constitution does not grant rights. It guarantees some
> > of the rights which are given to everyone by God.
>
> Much as I hate to continue this on-list (I have taken most of it off-list and
> made sure Linus is not Cc'd - as he has expressed he is not interested in the
> thread), I just see this as needing a response.
>
> I'm not taking any sides in this message or pointing out what I think about
> the comment itself.
>
> WHICH GOD?

Natural law does not need a God to work. You can use Darwinism, etc
just as well for a justification of natural rights.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed