Re: "File system set read-only" doesn't alter /proc/mounts?

Ben Gertzfield (che@debian.org)
14 Oct 1998 10:45:30 -0700

Tim> I just got a filesystem panic: Filesystem panic (dev 08:14).
Tim> fat_free: deleting beyond EOF File system has been set
Tim> read-only

Tim> But 'mount' shows the filesystem as rw, even though the
Tim> filesystem is really read-only.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 'mount' read /etc/mtab, not
/proc/mounts, to see what's mounted?

If so, there's no way /etc/mtab could be changed to say ro if
it were already mounted ro :)

This could be construed as a wishlist bug on mount.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters K and Y and the number 13.
"Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla (Stop That)" -- Alliances