Re: Strange CD behaviour

Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:12:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Dave Swegen wrote:
> The drive is a no-name standard ATAPI drive (Dysan is the manufacturers
> name, FWIW).
>
> What I basically would like to know is if this is worth me spending more
> time on testing, or if I should forget it. Also, if I should spend more
> time on the problem, what sort of information would be of use?

In noting this behavior is it different than with other kernels. In the
answer in no then odds are your hardware manufacturer was alittle lax in
implementing the the atapi spec, or locking out the button on the front.

joelja

> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave
>
> -

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E