RE: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent

Jordan Mendelson (jordy@wserv.com)
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:45:22 -0400

> On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Matthias Andree wrote:
> >
> > > I suggest - although Linux is merely the kernel - to test it with all
> > > necessary tool updates - as well as gcc 2.8.1 and egcs 1.1b - once
> > > again and include at least a list with pointers to ftp sites where one
> > > could find these.
> >
> > Works with all of them - writing from a 2.1.125 box compiled with the
> > current pgcc snapshot and binutils 2.9.1.0.14.
>
> Do we have a chance to have a WORKING eepro100 driver in 2.2 ?

I haven't had much problem dropping in the v1.0.3 driver from cesdis, other
than having to fix that one little buggle at the top of the file. (the
MODULE_* stuff).

But the eepro100 drive included with 2.1.x is seriously boked... :)

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : http://jordy.wserv.com
Web Services, Inc.   : http://www.wserv.com