Re: parport driver

Brion Vibber (brion@gizmo.usc.edu)
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:46:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Tim Coninx wrote:

> I have a Brother HL-630 Laserprinter. Normally I don't have any problems
> with the ordinary lp drivers (aside from the normal staircase-effect),
> but since the 2.1 kernels started with the parport driver in addition to
> the lp driver, my printer doesn't react anymore.
[snip]

My printer works on /dev/lp1 on 2.0.x kernels and /dev/lp0 on 2.1.x
kernels, not sure why (it's the same physical port...). Have you tried
changing the device in your printcap file from whatever it is to a
different number like this? It might help. Or might not. Good luck...

-- brion vibber (brion@pobox.com)