Re: UDI and Free Software

Simon Kenyon (simon@koala.ie)
Thu, 08 Oct 1998 22:44:34 +0100 (BST)

On 08-Oct-98 Alan McLean wrote:
>> > On 08-Oct-98 Richard Stallman wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, I never listened to them, and that's why we now have
>> > a free operating system
>>
>> how is the Hurd doing these days?
>
> is this an honest question, or a slam?
>
> it's amazing the lack of respect people seem to have for
> the FSF/GNU today. where would Linux, or any of the free
> Unix be today, without the work already done by the FSF,
> i.e. the GNU toolchain.

well i seem to remember rms being *very* dismissive of linux in it's early days
anyway, i asked his a question recently and the answer i got back was:

"If you have chosen not to contribute to the free software movement, then you
have nothing to contribute to our decisions."

i don't like the rewriting of history

--
simon