Re: aic7xxx testers needed

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:56:35 +0300 (EEST)

Maxim Surdu <maxim@mas2000.msk.ru> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don't you find strange that most of the people who
> has these time out problems (as well as me :)) are
> using 7880 on-mother chip along with their
> fast Seagate drives.... (Barracuda or Cheetah).

I do get timeouts, BUT I don't have any of those items.
However I do have a LARGE amount of RAM at the system.
Furthermore, this is an Alpha system with AHA2940UW card.

I have 512 MB RAM along with 3 QUANTUM Viking-II disks,
and one of which I don't know for sure, as it is relabeled
by DEC. (Quantum Viking-I, or Atlas series, very likely.)

I think I can kill this system in about 20 minutes from
clean boot with the pre14 driver. Last night's uptime
was 41 minutes until death, but I did read my email before
I started the script to kill the thing. (Something I seem
to do every night just before going to bed..)