Re: UFS CD-ROM problems?

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:26:17 -0400

Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> The 2.1.120+ release already contains a proper fix for the lock-up.

_Some_ of the problems may have been fixed, but by inspection of the
exit path in ufs_read_super there's still a potential probelm: reference
is made to memory after it has been freed.

> The reason is known: there is something wrong with handling of cylinder
> groups. See the attached log. A UFS cg expert is urgently needed.
>
> If anyone finds it helpful I might dig through DU/Ultrix UFS CDs I have
> here to find the smallest fs and make it available in some way.

I don't have any UFS specs, so I probably won't be able to help with
that part, but will look at the logs anyway.

Regards,
Bill