Re: SCSI disconnect behaviour

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
11 Sep 1998 21:35:03 +0200

root@chaos.analogic.com writes:
> On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Carsten Pluntke wrote:
>
> > I found that the device driver wouldn't execute other SCSI commands, even
> > to other targets if there is a target which has a disconnected command,
> [SNIPPED]

> Well I found the driver.... It has a lot of comments about
> disabling disconnects on SCSI1 targets because of bus hangs......

Right. And that is somewhat stupid, IMHO. If there really is more than one
SCSI-0 (I'd refuse to even call it SCSI-1) device which behaves the way
those comments say, then the right fix is to note that in the blacklist.

--
Matthias Urlichs      |        noris network GmbH      |       smurf@noris.de
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/