Re: IPv4 kernel messages

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@e-mind.com)
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 00:03:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, MOLNAR Ingo wrote:

>i'll post patches to linux-kernel soon, they will do a bootup-benchmark of
>various checksumming routines and will pick the fastest one.

I think another point against MMX checksum is that to implement it really
clean we should __cli() after SAVE_FPU and __sti() after RESTORE_FPU
otherwise if somebody will do a mistake using a `.' in a number used in a
irq handler or in a bottom half... ;-). If the checksum implementation
would be _very_ faster I will agree to use it against the possible mistake
though... ;-))).

Andrea[s] Arcangeli