Re: ZIP drive on laptop parport? any success with it?

Matthew Wilcox (Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:33:21 +0200

> From: "David Campbell" <campbell@torque.net>
> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:26:24 +800
> Subject: Re: ZIP drive on laptop parport? any success with it?

> Make sure that you not trying to use the "ZIP Plus" drive as this requires a
> completely different driver (stable but not submitted to Linus due to
> feature/code freeze on the 2.1.x kernel).

If QNXfs can be added, I don't see why the Zip Plus driver can't be
added - as long as there's no changes required to the kernel core for it,
of course.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are