Re: SV: Upgraded to 2.1.107 ... almost succesfully - Follow up.

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 18:50:01 -0500

Brian Schau wrote:

> Hi Brendan,
>
> Yeah, I remember the thread. I just thought the problems was solved
>
> Holding my breath until Doug conjures something up ... Doug, don't let
> my face turn blue!

My current 5.1.0 driver source is up and running on all of the controllers
it used to support before. However, it doesn't yet work with the Ultra2
cards. I'm missing a setup/config/prep step somewhere on the U2 cards that
makes it lock up as soon as it tries to talk to a device (if the bus is
empty, then the cards work fine :) I had hoped to get the 5.1.0 out today,
but I now suspect it will take me a little while longer. Hopefully by
either the middle of the night or sometime tomorrow I might be able to
release it.

For those people having negotiation related problems, the 5.1.0 code does
basically redo the negotiation code entirely, and gives two different
options for how negotiation should be performed, so it should be able to
satisfy pretty much everyone with at most a recompile to select the
different option.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.