Re: Major 2.1.x problem index

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 00:31:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> http://roadrunner.swansea.uk.linux.org/jobs.shtml holds the major showstopper
> items for a 2.2 release, and a few other bugs indexed on a web page.

The following problems have been fixed:

- Page cache flaws: swapoff does no longer crash on sys5 memory
- Swap cache race: I believe Bill's patch should be integrated
_now_... It has worked for a _long_ time and it is correct.
- swap deadlock: I saw a fix for this, a few hours ago. It
will probably be submitted this weekend.
- swapoff deadlock: Well, it says that the patch was posted. I
read the patch too, and it looks suspiciously correct to me :)

There's also a separate TODO list for the Linux MM team,
it's on http://www.phys.uu.nl/~riel/mm-patch/todo.html...

I will include the MM things from your page RSN.
(mlock, swap cache counters, PGE handling, LDT allocation
and the mmap security stuff weren't there yet)

Rik.