Re: Remote fork() and Parallel Programming

mshar@vax.ipm.ac.ir
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 03:03:58 +0330

Hi,

<linker@nightshade.ml.org> wrote:

>It is easy to say 'make it easier' but that is a difficult thing to
>actually do.. Personally, I think an object oriented approach makes
>sence.. But just because I like it doesn't make it good. I've done no
>research so I can't say.

I agree with you. Object Orientation has many nice features that can make
distributed programming very easy.

> [...]

>What am trying to say is that if Linux makes messages faster then DIPC
>will be faster and everyone will be happy.
>
>It would be nice to see how you could get MPI and DIPC working in the same
>application.

By "MPI", do you mean _any_ message passing mechanism? I thought you are
refering to a specific software package that is also called MPI. In light of
this new interpretation, I completely agree with your points in making the
message passing primitives fatser in order to get better performance in
systems like DIPC.

-Kamran Karimi