Re: crc error in 2.1.106

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 10:52:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Marty Leisner wrote:

> I got a new kernel off ftp.kernel.org (decided to resync).
>
> I've had no trouble with a 486 under lilo and a 486 under loadlin...

It certainly doesn't happen to everybody. It obviously doesn't happen to
me, for example, and I'm using LILO too.

I suspect that it doesn't happen if you use "bzImage", which is what I
use, or maybe it's some specific version of LILO that it happens to.

Whatever the cause, changing the magix addresses to check in setup.S to
0x0 and 0x10 should be safe for everybody.

Linus