Re: [Off topic] Re: New Linux distribution - PSL

Henning P. Schmiedehausen (hps@tanstaafl.de)
12 Jun 1998 14:58:10 +0200

konold@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de (Martin Konold) writes:

>On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

>> And its strange how my 'lies', Richard Stallman's 'lies', and several
>> lawyers 'lies' all agree on the current status of KDE.
>>
>> Maybe its not co-incidence.

(Do we really need this kind of Bullshit on the Kernel Mailing list?)

>There are numerous people inkl. me and _several_ intellectual property
>lawers (two patent attorneys in this case) who strongly disagree with RMS
>et al. in this special case after I did present them the license terms and
>some mails from RMS.

So you just say "I strongly disagree with your opinion". One mail
earlier you accused Alan of "lieing". This a pretty much other thing.

>all code they are contributing to a great piece of unix sw. (You might
>need it as soon as FreeQt is finished)

But until then _YOU HAVE A LICENSE PROBLEM WITH A VITAL PART OF THE
KDE SYSTEM_. Got it? That's all Alan wanted to tell you.

>P.S.: I do get the strong impression that the US market leader in Linux
>distributions is in deep trouble if they do not manage to get a decent
>desktop soon!

Money is earned on the servers. Not on a "Desk Top". At least I do not
care for "Desk Tops". These are tools to do work. Not marketing
arguments. And the Red Hat desk top does what it should.

In fact, I don't even give a fsck damn whether I have gnome, KDE, raw
X11, twm, olvwm, fvwm, fvwm2 or any other three- to five-letter
acronym do draw X-Terms on my desk top. I don't care much for the
fancy outlining around my windows. If you need to, fine. Go ahead. But
let the adults please do their work.

You did have an Amiga in an earlier life, didn't you? I do recognize
the level of fanatic glinting in the eye from all the Amiga discussions.
The "I will not stop to argue until I trampled you into the dust"
attitude that killed much of the Amiga's reputation. Grow up. Get a
life.

Kind regards
Henning (ex-Amiga, too)

--
Dipl.-Inf. Henning P. Schmiedehausen --                hps@tanstaafl.de
TANSTAAFL! Consulting - Unix, Internet, Security

Hutweide 15 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 "There ain't no such D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20 thing as a free Linux"