Re: 2.1.103: Still "Ugh at c0111691"

Jean Wolter (jw5@os.inf.tu-dresden.de)
25 May 1998 08:50:43 +0200

deas@uni-hamburg.de (Andreas Steffan) writes:

> [Posted and mailed]
>
> Hi Jean,
>
> Its quite embarassing to say that I've built SMP-kernels on my single
> processor system - I just didn't notice that SMP was enabled.
> The SMP-kernel caused these ughs, so I got rid of the problem by
> simply commenting out "SMP=1" in the toplevel Makefile.
> [...]

I'm sure, you got rid of the Ugh message, but I'm not sure, whether
you got rid of the problem causing these messages. It is possible,
that the bug is still present, you just don't see any messages about
it.

I think it would be a good idea to apply the patches I have sent to
the list and try to find the real problem for the Ugh messages. You
seem to have a reliable way to trigger them, so why don't you try to
find the reason for them, so that someone can fix the kernel?

Jean